Migraine Treatment with the Myer’s Cocktail
Before we get too deep into things today let’s get a couple of points out very quickly:
- The Myer’s cocktail is not something you are going to order at a bar (we will go over it today in detail)
- Migraines are difficult and range in severity and our goal is to help our patients get back to their lives
With those two items out of the way let’s dig into our topics for today. Our goal is to help you decide if the Myer’s cocktail could help you with your migraines.
As a note the Myer’s cocktail can help with more than just migraines. We cover that in our post on 5 Benefits of IV Therapy.
What is the Myer’s Cocktail & More Importantly How it Can Help
The Myer’s cocktail is a mix of different ingredients that is delivered via IV. In other words it’s delivered via a drip. It was developed by Dr. John Myer who used it to treat different ailments such as asthma, chronic fatigue and you guessed it, migraines.
The drip itself is made up of several components which we will outline below:
- Magnesium Chloride is used to treat or help prevent a deficiency of magnesium in the body. The body needs magnesium and if it doesn’t have the right amount well then problems can occur.
- Calcium Gluconate has several different applications. Technically it is classified as calcium salt. It is used as medication to treat multiple issues such as hypocalcemia.
- Vitamin B Complex which is made up of multiple sets of vitamins. The body uses vitamin B in multiple functions of the body and is part of a healthy body.
- Vitamin C is a needed component of the body to grow and used in the repair of body tissues.
A common question we are asked is why should this happen via drip when I can take some of this orally?
The cocktail being delivered via a trip means it is going straight to work in the body. It doesn’t have to go through your body’s digestive process. This makes the delivery more potent and quicker.
This is one of the main reasons why the cocktail is so effective.
How does any of this help with Migraines?
Let’s be clear there are multiple causes of migraines, theories, and methods for treatment. The best treatment for migraines is the one that works best for you and has been thoroughly discussed with your medical team.
There are a couple of reasons that lead to migraines. Without going into an exhaustive thesis on migraine theory here are a couple:
- A deficiency of magnesium has proven to lead to migraines for those who are prone to them
- Stress is one of the biggest culprits of migraines and is a known trigger in almost 70% of those who suffer from them
The Myer’s cocktail has been proven effective in the treatment of migraine headaches. Part of this is directly related to the magnesium chloride that makes up a component of the cocktail. The added vitamins also aid in providing additional material for the body to make repairs and help in overall health.
For those suffering from migraines who have not found a proven solution or are looking for one that is more suited to their needs we believe looking at the myer’s cocktail is in their best interest.
Is the Myer’s Cocktail Right for My Migraine Situation?
This is a very personal question that we would have to answer one on one. We would invite you to fill out our contact form and let us know that you suffer from migraines and you have a question about the Myers cocktail.
Take the Next Step In Improving Your Health by Contacting SOHMA Integrative Medicine
Our goal is to help you improve your health. You can reach out to us and ask us if we are right for you. Located in Long Beach, CA we help individuals from Long Beach and the surrounding cities.
We look forward to helping you take the next step in your journey to better health.